Maybelline First Impressions

10:00:00





As prom is only around the corner I took a trip to my nearest shopping centre, Meadowhall. I picked up several different bits of make up but two I bought stood out the most as I've never really had any Maybelline products, so I thought I would do a mini review and first impressions on both of these products.

The first thing I'll talk about is the Maybelline Vivid Matte Liquid in the shade '50 NUDE THRILL' this first caught my eye when I saw it was a matte liquid lipstick similar to Kyle Jenner lip kits which I'm dying to get my hands on but for their price I rather search for a cheaper option and I found it! This leaves a great Matte finishing which lasts for ages and stays the colour it was when first applied, it took a sandwich and 2 cans coke to make the lipstick start to come off my lips ( I don't know about you but I found that great!). I decided to get this Matte liquid lipstick in a nude shade as my prom dress is a pale colour so I wanted them to match. One thing I would say I dislike about this product is that it takes a while for the actual liquid to become matte, around 5-10 minutes. Also another thing I like about the product which may not count as a advantage but still is kind of cool is the scent of the actual liquid, its like rich sweet fragrance something that goes will with the product not to over powering.

The second thing I've been trialling is the Maybelline Master Contour stick which I actually had been watching and reading reviews about on Youtube and on people blogs, after seeing all this great reviews I really wanted to try the out for myself. I've only been able to test this a few times and have had mixed feeling about the product, I like how the actual contour and highlight are compact into the same stick meaning the packaging is small and easy to store. I also like how easy it was to blend in with out sitting for ages with a blending sponge. Now onto the negatives I have about the product, I found that you had to put lots of the contourer on to actually see the shading and affects it had on your face. After finally making your face look contoured it felt like you had another layer of sticky skin ( I could feel my pores slowly drowning in the thick gunk). In the future I wouldn't repurchase this product but I do like the idea of having the highlight and contour together in the same stick.

Twitter: @SketchToFame               https://twitter.com/SketchToFame
Instagram: @SketchToFame           https://www.instagram.com/sketchtofame
Bloglovin:  https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sketch-to-fame-14544515

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Love the look of the liquid lipstick, it's a gorgeous shade!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images