Student Life

10:12:00



Today I thought I would talk to you guys a little about the Ups and Downs of being a student!! This blog post is mainly aimed at College and Uni students.

So Lets talk about all the advantages and good things about being a student first shall we. Discounts. This is one of the main reasons I'm a student as there's so many shops that offer up to 45% discounts such as Topshop, NewLook, H&M and so many other high street stores. To redeem these discounts you will need the UNiDAYS App which you can download from the Apple store and log in using either your college login or university login.

Something else I take as a advantage is the people you meet while being at either college or University, Its not like school where you're with the people that you've know since you started school back when you were 4 years old, It's completely different. You're classes are filled with people from places you would never of thought you would even know meanwhile have friends from there. Making new friends helps you change and grow as a person I think and its never bad to have loads of friends.

Another thing which is a bonus about being a student is all the new skills you learn while being there. Obviously you are there to learn but some people don't understand about how lucky you are to be taunt by teachers who have endless qualifications and years of experience you have got some of the best people in that subject who take the time to help and teach you about that subject in the hope that's some day you shall have a successful career in it.

So lets move onto some of the downs about being a student. Just because we might not be a college or university everyday of the week doesn't mean we are sat at home just being lazy and doing nothing because its the complete opposite well for me defiantly! I'm actually only in college for about 12 hours a week and that means less time with the teachers and equipment there, Lucky for me I have a sewing machine and equipment at home so I am able to work at home perfectly but for others that's not the case.

Stress. Everyone has is but when your trying to juggle 2 projects, 2 sketchbooks, a job and then make time for your friends and family it all gets a bit much sometimes. depending on the course and subject stress levels will be different but I know from first hand experience that creative Arts students may be a little more stressed than someone studying business. During my GCSEs my school did their best to
educate use on how to deal with stress and how mindfulness can be very helpful during hard times.  Over my Exam and stressful periods I used apps like HeadSpace which is specially for Mindfulness and to distress. I loved to come home after school and sit in my quiet room with earphones in and just use the app for 10- 30 minutes.




 
Twitter: @SketchToFame               https://twitter.com/SketchToFame
Instagram: @SketchToFame           https://www.instagram.com/sketchtofame
Bloglovin:  https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/sketch-to-fame-14544515

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images